OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
PET VALU’S BEST. SUMMER. EVER. PHOTO CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States in the following states only: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and Virginia, who have reached the age of majority in their State of residence, as of 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on August 4, 2015. You must have internet access and a valid Facebook account to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, JACK’S PETS, PAULMAC’S or BOSLEY’S BY PET VALU) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest begins at or about 11:59:59 a.m. EDT on August 4, 2015 and ends at or about 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on August 31, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media (the “Administrator”), an agent of the Sponsors, is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
One (1) prize consisting of a one-year supply of Petcurean GO!TM or NOW FRESHTM pet food (the “Prize”). The one-year supply of Petcurean GO!TM or NOW FRESHTM pet food is comprised of twelve (12) vouchers, each voucher being redeemable for EITHER one (1) 25 lb bag of any GO!TM or NOW FRESHTM recipe for dogs OR one (1) 16 lb bag of any GO!TM or NOW FRESHTM recipe for cats. The vouchers may be subject to other terms and conditions, as specified on the face or back of each voucher. Each voucher expires on October 31, 2016 and can only be redeemed at PET VALU store locations in the U.S, excluding Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky stores. The total approximate value of the Prize, in U.S. dollars, is $995.00. The actual value of the Prize will vary depending on the type of pet food obtained and the retail price of each bag selected.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash. No cash value. No refunds or exchanges
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Visit www.facebook.com/petvaluUS during the Contest Period. Look for the Best. Summer. Ever. Photo Contest tab and “Like” the PET VALU – US fan page if you have not already done so. Complete all required fields on the online registration form, and submit your photo of a pet or pets [specifically dog(s) and/or cat(s)] enjoying summer.
The pet need not belong to you, however, if the pet does not belong to you, you must have the permission of the pet’s owner to enter the photo into the Contest. If an individual other than you is pictured in the photo you must have the permission of the individual or, if the individual is a minor, the permission of the parent or legal guardian of the individual, to enter the photo in the Contest. You must, upon request of the Sponsors, provide the Sponsors with evidence of any required permissions in a form acceptable to and within the time required by the Sponsors.
The required fields on the registration form online include: your full name, province, email address, pet type and pet’s name. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person throughout the Contest Period. Any attempt by any participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per person by using multiple/different email addresses, Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries. Entries must be received before the Contest Period expires. Each fully completed entry together with the pet photo will be an “entry” for purposes of the Contest, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations will be accepted and eligible for entry into the Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void. Entrants will be prompted to share their submissions by posting to Facebook. Entrants’ photos will be posted to the online gallery located at: [http://a.pgtb.me/4KvHv2].
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Entrants must adhere to the following photo submission guidelines:
Only digital photo submissions will be accepted. The maximum file size is 5 MB. Photos will be displayed on PET VALU – US’s Facebook page.
Only original photos that have never previously been submitted for entry into a contest or awarded a prize in a previous contest are eligible to win a Prize.
In accordance with the summer theme of the contest, entries must feature a pet or pets [specifically dog(s) and/or cat(s)] enjoying summer.
The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to remove and to disqualify any photo that contains any content that is, in the sole discretion of the Sponsors, inappropriate or offensive, including any depiction of obvious or suspected cruelty to animals, or that was submitted by an ineligible entrant or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and Regulations. The Sponsors reserve the right to use information submitted on entry forms to notify authorities of suspected animal abuse.
All submissions shall be filtered by the Administrator from September 1, 2015 to September 8, 2015 to ensure the photo submission guidelines are met. Photos that do not meet the guidelines set out above shall be disqualified and removed from the Contest. During this period entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency and submissions shall also be screened by the Administrator for eligibility to ensure that entrants have reached the age of majority in their province of residence.
For all photos submitted into the Contest, you must at the time of entry into the Contest either: (i) be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright and moral right) in and to the photo; and/or (ii) if the photo contains any trade-marks, copyrighted material or other property owned by a third party, have the express permission of the third party to use such material in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. The odds of being selected as the winner depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period, and your score relative to other entrants.
2. One (1) winning photo will be chosen by a panel of judges made up of representatives from the Sponsors (as defined below). Photos will be assessed based on the following judging criteria: seasonal appropriateness, composition, content, originality, technical quality and visual impact. The winner will be notified by email and/or by telephone during the period September 17-22, 2015 and the winner will be announced on or before September 29, 2015.
3. The Prize will be sent by courier to the winner.
4. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must: (i) sign a declaration of compliance with the Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release); (ii) provide a release signed by each individual other than the entrant who is pictured in the selected photo, or if the individual is a minor, the individual’s parent or legal guardian; (iii) return any required documents (including any required releases and permissions); and (iv) otherwise comply with the Rules and Regulations. The selected entrant will have three (3) business days within which to sign and return the required document or notification to Sponsors. If the Sponsors do not receive the selected entrant’s required document or notification, Sponsors will send a reminder email or telephone call requesting the return of the required document or notification within one (1) business day. Sponsors will make no more than one (1) attempt to remind the selected entrant by email and/or by telephone. If the selected entrant with the photo with the highest score is not able to be contacted or does not return the required document or notification, then the Sponsor will attempt to contact the entrant with the next highest score. This process will be repeated until a selected entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsors run out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. If any required document or notification is not received by the Sponsors within the specified time, or the entrant does not otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations, the entrant is disqualified and forfeits the prize and another entrant will be selected to win the prize in accordance with the Rules and Regulations.
5. All decisions of the judges and the Sponsors are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The winner will receive no compensation, credit or prize other than as disclosed in these Rules and Regulations.
6. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsors which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsors, their affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of the Prize.
- Neither the Sponsors nor their affiliates assume any responsibility or bear any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (iii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iv) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; (vi) any inability of any winner to accept the Prize for any reason; or (vii) any claim or loss attributable to the Prize awarded in this Contest.
- By entering a photo into the Contest: (i) you hereby grant to the Sponsors an irrevocable, non-exclusive, paid-up, worldwide license to reproduce, translate, communicate, distribute, edit, adapt, copy and otherwise use all or any part of the photo for any purpose relating to the Contest or any other advertising or promotion by the Sponsors or their affiliates; and (ii) you hereby waive your moral rights, if any, in and to your photo in favour of Sponsors and will confirm such waiver in writing if requested to do so. You hereby agree that you shall not receive any compensation from the Sponsors.
- Should there be a dispute over the identity of a selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account which is used at the time of entry, and the selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Facebook account. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible.
- The Sponsors reserve the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: www.facebook.com/petvaluUS. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsors and their affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- The Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winner, or the distribution of the Prize.
- Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, shall be governed exclusively by Philadelphia law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsors and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for purposes of administering this Contest and in accordance with the Sponsors’ privacy policies noted above.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prize, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsors: The Sponsors of the Contest are Pet Valu, Inc., 489 Devon Park Drive, Suite 320, Wayne, PA 19087 and PPN Limited Partnership, 435-44550 South Sumas Road, Chilliwack, British Columbia, V2R 5M3.