OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
PET VALU’s SUMMER FUN THROWDOWN WITH KURGO CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their Province of residence, as of 9:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on July 4, 2016 (excluding residents of Quebec and the Territories). You must have internet access and a valid Facebook account to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees and franchisees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, PAULMAC’S PETS, BOSLEY’S BY PET VALU, TISOL or TOTAL PET) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such franchisees, employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
During the period from July 4, 2016 to July 31, 2016 (the “Contest Period”) there will be one (1) draw each week for a total of four (4) draws, each for one (1) of the four (4) prizes described below. Specifically, the SUMMER FUN THROWDOWN WITH KURGO consists of four (4) weekly draw contests as follows:
- Weekly Draw Period 1 – Contest begins at 9:00:01 a.m. EDT on July 4, 2016, and ends the following Sunday, July 10, 2016 at 4:59:59 p.m. EDT, with the draw taking place shortly thereafter. The winner of the Week 1 draw will be contacted on Tuesday, July 12, 2016.
- Weekly Draw Period 2 – Contest begins at 9:00:01 a.m. EDT on July 11, 2016, and ends the following Sunday, July 17, 2016 at 4:59:59 p.m. EDT, with the draw taking place shortly thereafter. The winner of the Week 2 draw will be contacted on Tuesday, July 19, 2016.
- Weekly Draw Period 3 – Contest begins at 9:00:01 a.m. EDT on July 18, 2016, and ends the following Sunday, July 24, 2016 at 4:59:59 p.m. EDT, with the draw taking place shortly thereafter. The winner of the Week 3 draw will be contacted on Tuesday, July 26, 2016.
- Weekly Draw Period 4 – Contest begins at 9:00:01 a.m. EDT on July 25, 2016, and ends the following Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 4:59:59 p.m. EDT, with the draw taking place shortly thereafter. The winner of the Week 4 draw will be contacted on Tuesday, August 2, 2016.
There are four (4) PRIZES available to be won (one (1) for each week during the Contest Period) consisting of one (1) prize pack. Each prize pack will consist of:
· Kurgo Enhanced Strength Tru-Fit Smart Harness, black – (In size of winner’s choice: xs-xl)
· Kurgo Swivel Tether
· Kurgo Bench Seat Cover (Black)
· Kurgo Car Door Guard (Black)
· Kurgo Pet First Aid Kit
· Kurgo Collaps-A-Bowl (Orange)
· Kurgo Wapple Ball (Green)
· Kurgo Tossing Disc (Green)
· Kurgo Target Jack (Green)
valued at a combined total of approximately $225.91-$234.91 CAD, depending on the winner’s harness size selection (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”).
Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash.
- No cash value
• No refunds or exchanges
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Visit the contest application located at www.facebook.com/petvalu during the Weekly Draw Period. To enter that week’s contest you must complete all required fields on the online registration form and vote for one of the two “SUMMER FUN THROWDOWN WITH KURGO” featured Canadian Destination options for that Weekly Draw Period. At the end of each Weekly Draw Period, one of the two destinations will have won the popular vote. The entrants who voted for the most popular destination of the two options for that Weekly Draw Period will then be entered into the random draw for the Prize. To be eligible to enter for that week’s draw, your entry must be received before the Weekly Draw Period expires. Each Weekly Draw Period will feature two (2) different Canadian destination options.
Any attempt by any participant to enter more than the allowed number of times (being once per Weekly Draw Period) by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries.
DETERMINING THE WINNER AND THE ODDS OF WINNING
1. At the end of each Weekly Draw Period, the two (2) destinations featured in the SUMMER FUN THROWDOWN WITH KURGO for that week will have their votes tallied and a winner of the two (2) destinations will be declared (the “Winning Destination”). In the event of a tie between the two (2) featured destinations, Pet Valu Canada Inc. shall administer a random draw in order to select one (1) Winning Destination. The entrants who did not vote for the Winning Destination will be removed from the prize draw pool and only those entrants who voted for the Winning Destination will be entered into that week’s draw. Each entrant who voted for the Winning Destination will receive an assigned number and a winner will be selected through a random number generator online tool. Odds of winning a Prize for a weekly draw depend on the total number of eligible entries received during that Weekly Draw Period who voted for that week’s Winning Destination.
- Once an entrant has been selected for a Prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by email the following Tuesday. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within three (3) days after being contacted, or declines the Prize, then an alternate entrant from the pool of eligible entries will be randomly selected as the Selected Entrant. This process will be repeated until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsors run out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. Any incorrect contact information that prevents the Sponsors from being able to reach a potential winner may cause such Prize to be forfeited and Sponsors will then attempt to contact an alternate entrant. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, and must otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations. If a Selected Entrant is determined by the Sponsors, in the Sponsors’ sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these Rules and Regulations, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified from this Contest and all related entries shall be deemed null and void.
- The Prize will be mailed to the winner by regular mail by way of Canada Post or via Courier.
- In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must: (i) sign a declaration of compliance with these Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release) releasing Facebook, the Sponsors and their affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with this Contest, the Selected Entrant’s participation therein, and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, return any required documents (including the release) within the time period specified, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, and otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsors which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising in connection with this Contest or your participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of the Contest Rules or Regulations. This Release and Indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and the awarding of the Prize.
- Neither the Sponsors nor their respective affiliates assume any responsibility or bear any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (iii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iv) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; (vi) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason; or (vii) any claim or loss attributable to a Prize.
- Should there be a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account which is used at the time of entry, and the Selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Facebook account. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible.
- The Sponsors reserve the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: Facebook.com/petvalu. All Contest entries become the property of Pet Valu Canada Inc. and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sponsors are final and binding with respect to all aspects of this Contest. The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- The Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
- Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prizes, shall be governed exclusively by Ontario law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Toronto, Ontario.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsors and not to Facebook.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prize, please contact us at email@example.com
- Sponsors: The Sponsors of the Contest are Pet Valu Canada Inc., 130 Royal Crest Court, Markham, Ontario, L3R 0A1 and Kurgo Products Motivation Design, LLC, 2D Fanaras Drive, Salisbury, MA 01952-1443 (collectively, the “Sponsors”).