PET VALU WISHLIST SWEEPSTAKES 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS NOT SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED WITH FACEBOOK, PINTEREST OR TWITTER.
This sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal residents of Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, and West Virginia, who are 18 years of age (or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is older) or older. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. You must have internet access, a valid email address, and a Facebook account to enter this Sweepstakes.
This Sweepstakes is not open to employees and agents of Pet Valu, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and/or its affiliates, subsidiaries, employees and agents, or anyone domiciled with such person. You may be asked to provide proof of identity and/or residency prior to being declared a winner.
The Sweepstakes begins at or about 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 28, 2019, and ends at or about 11:59 p.m. ET on December 15, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media, an agent of the Sponsor, is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
There are three (3) separate prizes available to be won, one for each pet-type: being dogs, cats and small pets as follows:
1. Dog Wishlist:
Those who enter to win the dog-related prize will, upon entry, be asked to select nine (9) items from the gift options for dogs listed on the applicable tabbed page on Facebook (“Sweepstakes Page”) in order to create a Dog Wishlist. The confirmed winner will receive the nine (9) items selected by the winner for his/her Wishlist. The approximate retail value of the Dog Wishlist prize is between $54.91-118.91USD (actual value may vary depending on the winning entrant’s selections).
2. Cat Wishlist:
Those who enter to win the cat-related prize will, upon entry, be asked to select nine (9) items from the gift options for cats listed on the Sweepstakes Page in order to create a Cat Wishlist. The confirmed winner will receive the nine (9) items selected by the winner for his/her Wishlist. The approximate retail value of the Cat Wishlist prize is between $38.91-70.92 USD (actual value may vary depending on the winning entrant’s selections).
3. Small Pet Wishlist:
Those who enter to win the small pet related prize will, upon entry, be asked to select nine (9) items from the gift options for small pets listed on the Sweepstakes Page in order to create a Small Pet Wishlist. The confirmed winner will receive the nine (9) items selected by the winner for his/her Wishlist. The approximate retail value of the Small Pet Wishlist prize is between $38.91-70.92 USD (actual value may vary depending on the winning entrant’s selections).
Each prize shall be referred to hereafter as a “Prize” and, collectively, as the “Prizes”.
For all prizes:
Winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a Prize. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any Prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize or Prize component with cash or another Prize of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each pet category during the Sweepstakes Period.
Color or packaging may differ between what is seen in the gallery and what the winners receive.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Visit www.facebook.com/petvaluUS during the Sweepstakes Period and click on the tab entitled “Wishlist Sweepstakes.” You will need to complete the online registration form by providing the requested information including your full name and contact information and select nine (9) items in order to create your Wishlist for your pet(s) from the gift options listed for your chosen pet’s type (dog, cat or small pet). To be eligible to enter the draw, your entry must be received before the Sweepstakes Period expires.
Entrants can only enter to win once in each of the prize categories and there is a limit of one (1) entry per pet-type wishlist throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by a participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per pet-type wishlist by using multiple/different email addresses, Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries. Each fully completed entry together with the nine (9) item Wishlist will be an “entry” for purposes of the Sweepstakes, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Official Rules will be accepted and eligible for entry into the draw. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate will be deemed void.
Entrants will have the option to select whether or not they wish to receive PET VALU news, updates, promotions by email or other electronic messaging from the Sponsor relating to pet ownership, products sold and services provided at JACK’S PETS stores in Ohio and PET VALU stores in the U.S.A.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. At the end of the Sweepstakes Period, entries will be sorted by pet-type (dog, cat, small pet). One (1) winner will be chosen through random selection for each pet-type by the sweepstakes application. Odds of winning a Prize for the draw in which you are entered depend on the total number of eligible entries received for that same draw (i.e. for the same pet-type) during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Once an entrant has been selected for the Prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by email or phone during the period December 16, 2019 to December 20, 2019. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within three (3) business days after being contacted, or declines the Prize, then an alternate entrant from the pool of eligible entries for that pet-type will be randomly selected as the Selected Entrant. This process will be repeated until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Official Rules or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. Any incorrect contact information that prevents the Sponsor from being able to reach a potential winner may cause the Prize to be forfeited and Sponsor will then attempt to contact an alternate entrant. If a Selected Entrant is determined by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these Official Rules, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified from this Sweepstakes and all related entries shall be deemed null and void. The confirmed winners will be announced on PET VALU’s Facebook page on or around December 25, 2019, or you can inquire at USmarketing@petvalu.com after that date.
3. Each Prize will be sent to the confirmed winners by way of FedEx to the address provided by the winner. Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to have the Prize delivered prior to December 25, 2019, but we cannot guarantee that timing.
4. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must sign a declaration of compliance with these Official Rules and a release (including a publicity release) releasing Facebook, each of the Sponsor, and each of their affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or causes of action, including but not limited to, personal injury, death, damage to or loss of property, or other liability that may arise from the entrant’s participation in this Sweepstakes or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, return any required documents (including the release) within the time period specified and otherwise comply with these Official Rules.
5. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree as follows:
(a) to comply, fully and unconditionally, with and be bound by these Sweepstakes Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes;
(b) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Facebook, each of the Released Parties from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Sweepstakes or your participation in this Sweepstakes or in any sweepstakes-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize); and
(c) to indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Official Rules. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Sweepstakes and/or the awarding of the Prize.
(a) Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Sweepstakes; (ii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iii) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Sweepstakes; (iv) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; or (v) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason.
(b) Should there be a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account which is used at the time of entry, and the Selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Facebook account. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Sweepstakes will be ineligible.
(c) The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Sweepstakes and to modify these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws. These Official Rules and any changes made to these Official Rules will be posted online at www.facebook.com/petvaluUS. All Sweepstakes entries become the property of the Sponsor and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state or municipal laws and regulations. The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
(d) Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other entrant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
(e) The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
(f) Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Pet Valu, Inc., 489 Devon Park Drive, Wayne, PA, 19087.
11. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
12. For questions regarding this Sweepstakes, these Official Rules or the Prizes, please contact us at USmarketing@petvalu.com.
13. Winners’ List: For the winners’ names and Prize details, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, along with a request to “Pet Valu Wishlist Sweepstakes 2019”, Attn: Marketing Department, Pet Valu, Inc., 489 Devon Park Drive, Wayne, PA, 19087. Requests must be received by March 1, 2020.