RULES AND REGULATIONS
PET VALU US – WIN YOUR WISHLIST 2016 CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky, who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence, as of 9:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on November 25, 2016. You must have internet access and a valid Facebook account to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees and franchisees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, PAULMAC’S, BOSLEY’S by PET VALU, JACK’S PETS or TISOL PET NUTRITION & SUPPLY Stores, TOTAL PET, or PET SUPERMARKET) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such franchisees, employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest begins at or about 8:59:59 a.m. EST on November 25, 2016 and ends at or about 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 15, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media (the “Administrator”) is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
There is three (3) prizes available to be won, consisting of one (1) Dog Wishlist, one (1) Cat Wishlist, and one (1) Small Animal Wishlist, a total of nine items selected from the pool of available Wishlist items. Upon entry, all entrants will be asked to select nine (9) items from the gift options for pets (options are available that are suitable for dogs, cats, and small pets including fish, birds, small mammals, and reptiles) listed on the applicable tabbed page on Facebook (“Contest Page”) in order to create a Wishlist. The confirmed winner will receive the nine (9) items selected by the winner for his/her Wishlist. The approximate retail value of the Wishlist prizes vary by selected items.
The prize shall be referred to hereafter as the “Prize”
Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash.
- No cash value
- No refunds or exchanges
Sponsor reserves the right, however, in its sole discretion, to substitute all or any part of a Prize for one of equal or greater value, or its monetary equivalent
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Visit the Contest Page located at www.facebook.com/petvaluUS during the Contest Period. To enter the Contest you must complete all required fields on the Contest Page and select nine (9) items in order to create your Wishlist for your pet from the gift options listed for your chosen pet’s type (dog, cat or small pet). To be eligible to enter the draw, your entry must be received before the Contest Period expires.
The required fields on the registration form online include: your full name, state of residence, email address, pet-type and pet’s name. Entrants can only enter to win once in each of the Prize categories and there is a limit of one (1) entry per pet-type wishlist throughout the Contest Period but you can earn additional entries by referring a friend (see below for details). Any attempt by any participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per pet-type wishlist by using multiple/different email addresses, Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries. Each fully completed entry together with the nine (9) item Wishlist will be an “entry” for purposes of the Contest, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations will be accepted and eligible for entry into the Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void. Entrants’ Wishlist items will be compiled into a photo that will be posted to the online gallery located within the app platform.
Entrants may use the “refer a friend” function to earn additional entries. Share your unique contest URL with friends and for each successful additional entrant from your URL, one (1) more entry will be credited to your entry.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. At the end of the Contest Period, entries will be sorted by pet-type (dog, cat, small pet). One (1) winner will be chosen through random selection for each pet-type. Each entry will receive an assigned number and the winner will be selected through a random number generator online tool. Odds of winning the Prize for the draw in which you are entered depends on the total number of eligible entries received for that same draw (i.e. for the same pet-type) during the Contest Period. Entrants can enter in more than one pet-type category if they earn extra entries, however, they can only win in one pet-type category.
- Once an entrant has been selected for a Prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by email during the period December 16, 2015 to December 18, 2015. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within two (2) days after being contacted, or declines the Prize, then an alternate entrant from the pool of eligible entries for that pet-type will be randomly selected as the Selected Entrant. This process will be repeated until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. Any incorrect contact information that prevents the Sponsor from being able to reach a potential winner may cause such Prize to be forfeited and Sponsor will then attempt to contact an alternate entrant. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations. If a Selected Entrant is determined by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these Rules and Regulations, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified from this Contest and all related entries shall be deemed null and void. The winners will be announced on Facebook on or before December 23, 2016.
- Each Prize will be sent to the confirmed winners by way of UPS. Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to have the Prize delivered prior to December 25, 2016, but is not able to guarantee that it will.
- In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must sign a declaration of compliance with these Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release) releasing Facebook, each of the Sponsor and its affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with this Contest, the Selected Entrant’s participation therein, and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, return any required documents (including the release) within the time period specified, and otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree as follows:
(a) to comply, fully and unconditionally, with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest;
(b) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Facebook, each of the Released Parties from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize); and
(c) to indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize.
(a) Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (iii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iv) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; (vi) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason; or (vii) any claim or loss attributable to a Prize awarded in this Contest.
(b) Should there be a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account which is used at the time of entry, and the Selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Facebook account. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible.
(c) The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: Facebook.com/petvaluUS. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
(d) The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
(e) Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prizes, shall be governed exclusively by Philadelphia law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or state courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prize, please contact us at USmarketing@petvalu.com
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Pet Valu US Inc., 489 Devon Park Drive, Wayne, PA 19087.