OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
PET VALU’s YOUR PET, YOUR STORY CONTEST 2016
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky, who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence, as of 9:00:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on November 1, 2016. You must have internet access and a valid Facebook account to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees and franchisees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, PAULMAC’S, BOSLEY’S BY PET VALU, TISOL, TOTAL PET, JACK’S PETS, or PET SUPERMARKET) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such franchisees, employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Your Pet, Your Story contest period starts at 9:00:01 a.m. EDT on November 1, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on November 23, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of the Sponsor is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
There is one (1) prize available to be won consisting of one (1) $250 Pet Valu gift card for the winner, and one (1) $500 Pet Valu gift card for the Pet Rescue of the winner’s choice. The list of eligible rescues is provided in the entry form.
A $250 PET VALU Gift Card for the winner, and a $500 PET VALU Gift Card donated to your *selected pet charity, shelter or rescue organization;
The PET VALU Gift Card will be redeemable at any PET VALU store location in the United States and does not expire.
*pet charity, shelter or rescue organization must be selected from a list of groups provided in the entry form.
Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash.
- No cash value
• No refunds or exchanges
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Visit www.facebook.com/petvaluUS during the Contest Period. Look for the Your Pet, Your Story tab. To enter the contest you must fill out the required information and submit a response to the question ‘I’m thankful for my pet because..’ as well as select a rescue for possible donation. Your response must be less than 400 characters. You have the option of including a photo of your pet. To be eligible to win, your entry must be received before the Contest Period expires.
If an individual other than yourself is pictured in the photo with your pet you must have the permission of the individual or, if the individual is a minor, the permission of the parent or legal guardian of the individual, to enter the photo in the Contest. You must, upon request of the Sponsor, provide the Sponsor with evidence of any required permissions in a form acceptable to and within the time required by the Sponsor.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. Any attempt by an entrant to enter more than the allowed number of times (being once) by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that entrant’s entries.
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Entrants must adhere to the following photo submission guidelines:
Only digital photo submissions will be accepted. The maximum file size is 5 MB. Photos will be displayed on PET VALU- US’s Facebook page.
The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove and disqualify any entry or photo that contains any content that is, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, inappropriate or offensive, including any depiction of obvious or suspected cruelty to animals, or that was submitted by an ineligible entrant or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and Regulations. The Sponsor reserves the right to use information submitted on entry forms to notify authorities of suspected animal abuse.
For all entries, including any photos, submitted into the Contest, you must at the time of entry into the Contest either: (i) be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright and moral right) in and to your entry, including any photo; or (ii) if your entry or photo contains any trade-marks, copyrighted material or other property owned by a third party, have the express permission of the third party to use such material in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
DETERMINING WINNERS AND ODDS OF WINNING
- The odds of being randomly selected as the winner depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Once an entrant has been randomly selected for a prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by e-mail during the period from November 28th to December 2nd, 2016. If a Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within three business (3) days, or declines the Prize, then the Sponsor may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, select an alternate entrant for the Prize by contacting the next entry that best meets the qualifications from among all remaining eligible entries. This process will be repeated for the second prize winner and the third prize winner until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and all Prizes have been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. Any incorrect contact information that prevents the Sponsor from being able to reach a Selected Entrant will cause the Prize to be forfeited by that Selected Entrant and Sponsor will then attempt to contact an alternate entrant. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, and must otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations. If a Selected Entrant is determined by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these Rules and Regulations, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified from this Contest and all related entries shall be deemed null and void. For clarity, if a Selected Entrant has already won a Prize in this Contest, that Selected Entrant will not be eligible to win another Prize in this Contest.
- The Prize will be mailed by regular mail through UPS to the winner.
4. In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must: (i) sign a declaration of compliance with the Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release); (ii) provide a release signed by each individual other than the entrant who is pictured in the selected photo, or if the individual is a minor, the individual’s parent or legal guardian; (iii) return any required documents (including any required releases and permissions); and (iv) otherwise comply with the Rules and Regulations. Each selected entrant will have two (2) business days within which to sign and return the required document or notification to Sponsor. If Sponsor does not receive the selected entrants required document or notification, Sponsor will send a reminder email or telephone call requesting the return of the required document or notification within one (1) business day. Sponsor will make no more than one (1) attempt to remind the selected entrants by email and/or by telephone. This process will be repeated until a selected entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. If any required document or notification is not received by the Sponsor within the specified time, or the entrant does not otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations, the entrant is disqualified and forfeits the prize and another entrant will be selected to win the prize in accordance with the Rules and Regulations.
5. All decisions of the judges and the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Winners will receive no compensation, credit or prize other than as disclosed in these Rules and Regulations
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsor and its affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, any Prizes (including the use and misuse of any Prizes). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize
- Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iii) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (iv) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; or (v) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason..
- By entering a photo into the Contest: (i) you hereby grant to the Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, paid-up, worldwide license to reproduce, translate, communicate, distribute, edit, adapt, copy and otherwise use all or any part of the entry, including any photo submitted, for any purpose relating to the Contest or any other advertising or promotion by the Sponsor or its affiliates; and (ii) you hereby waive your moral rights, if any, in and to your photo in favor of Sponsor. You hereby agree that you shall not receive any compensation from the Sponsor in this regard.
- Should there be a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account which is used at the time of entry, and the Selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Facebook account. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: Facebook.com/petvaluus. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding with respect to all aspects of this Contest. The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
- Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prizes, shall be governed exclusively by Ontario law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Toronto, Ontario.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or Prizing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor and Administrator of the Contest is Pet Valu, Inc., 489 Devon Park Drive, Wayne, PA 19087.