OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
PET VALU’S LUCK OF THE PAW INSTANT WIN GAME 2017
This contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States in the following states only: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana and Michigan who have reached the age of maturity in their State of residence, as of 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on March 1, 2017. You must have internet access and a valid Facebook account to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees of the PET RETAIL BRANDS group (being PET VALU, JACK’S PETS, PAULMAC’S, BOSLEY’S BY PET VALU, TOTAL PET, TISOL, or PET SUPERMARKET) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest begins at or about 9:00:00 a.m. EDT on March 1, 2017 and ends at or about 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on March 17, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media (the “Administrator”), an agent of the Sponsors, is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
One (1) Pet Valu gift card of $50 per winner. One winner per day. Gift card does not expire and can only be redeemed at PET VALU or JACK’S PETS store locations in the U.S. The total value of the Prize, in U.S. dollars, is $50.00.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash.
• No cash value
• No refunds or exchanges
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Visit www.facebook.com/petvaluUS during the Contest Period. Look for the Luck of the Paw Instant Win Game tab and “Like” the PET VALU – US fan page if you have not already done so. Complete all required fields on the online registration form and click the “Enter” button.
The required fields on the registration form online include: your full name, state, email address, pet type and pet’s name. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person per twenty-four hour period throughout the Contest Period. Any attempt by any participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per person per day by using multiple/different email addresses, Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries. Entries must be received before the Contest Period expires. Each fully completed entry will be an “entry” for purposes of the Contest, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations will be accepted and eligible for entry into the Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. The odds of being selected as the winner depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
2. One (1) entry will be chosen at random per day. The winner will be notified by email and/or by telephone during the period of March 2-24, 2016 and the winners will be announced on or before March 31, 2016.
3. The Prize will be sent by UPS to the winner.
4. In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must: (i) sign a declaration of compliance with the Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release); (ii) return any required documents (including any required releases and permissions); and (iii) otherwise comply with the Rules and Regulations. The selected entrant will have three (3) business days within which to respond to contact, sign and return the required document or notification to Sponsors. If the Sponsors do not receive the selected entrant’s required document or notification, Sponsors will send a reminder email or telephone call requesting the return of the required document or notification within one (1) business day. Sponsors will make no more than one (1) attempt to remind the selected entrant by email and/or by telephone. If the selected entrant is not able to be contacted or does not return the required document or notification, then the Sponsor will attempt to contact the next randomly selected entrant. This process will be repeated until a selected entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsors run out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. If any required document or notification is not received by the Sponsors within the specified time, or the entrant does not otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations, the entrant is disqualified and forfeits the prize and another entrant will be randomly selected to win the prize in accordance with the Rules and Regulations.
5. All decisions of the Sponsors are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The winner will receive no compensation, credit or prize other than as disclosed in these Rules and Regulations.
6. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsors which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsors, their affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of the Prize.
1. Neither the Sponsors nor their affiliates assume any responsibility or bear any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (iii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iv) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; (vi) any inability of any winner to accept the Prize for any reason; or (vii) any claim or loss attributable to the Prize awarded in this Contest.
2. Should there be a dispute over the identity of a selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account which is used at the time of entry, and the selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Facebook account. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible.
3. The Sponsors reserve the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: www.facebook.com/petvaluUS. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsors and their affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
4. The Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winner, or the distribution of the Prize.
5. Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, shall be governed exclusively by Philadelphia law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
7. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsors and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for purposes of administering this Contest and in accordance with the Sponsors’ privacy policies noted above.
8. For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prize, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Sponsors: The Sponsor of the Contest is Pet Valu, Inc., 489 Devon Park Drive, Suite 320, Wayne, PA 19087.