OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
PET VALU’s CHANCES FOR CHARITY CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
1. This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Connecticut, Delaware, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, and West Virginia who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence, as of 9:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on April 1, 2019. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is sponsored by Pet Valu Inc., operating as “Pet Valu”, “Jack’s Pets” (the “Sponsor” or the “Company”).
2. This Contest is not open to employees and agents of the Company and/or its affiliate(s), employees and agents or anyone domiciled with such person. This Contest is also not open to any of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU or JACK’s Pets), or their employees or agents, or anyone domiciled with such person. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of identity and/or residency prior to being declared a winner.
3. The Chances for Charity contest period starts at 9:00:01 a.m. EDT on April 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT on April 30, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of the Administrator (described below) is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
4. There are three (3) prizes available to be won, each consisting of: One (1) $250 gift card* for the winner, and one (1) $500 gift card* will be donated by the Sponsor to a pet shelter or rescue organization chosen by the winner from a list which will be provided by the Sponsor to the winners once the winners have been selected.
* Gift cards are redeemable only at any Pet Valu store in the United States, or Jack’s Pets stores in Ohio, store and do not expire.
Each prize shall be referred to hereafter as the “Prize”, and collectively, the “Prizes”.
The winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a Prize. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any Prizes permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of equal or greater value. Prizes will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied offered by Sponsor. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The winners will be announced on Facebook on or before May 11, 2019.
HOW TO ENTER
5. No purchase necessary. Visit Facebook.com/petvaluUS during the Contest Period. Look for the Chances for Charity tab. To enter the Contest you must fill out the required information. To be eligible to enter, your entry must be received before the Contest Period expires.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per entrant during the Contest Period. Multiple entries, including entries submitted by one entrant through more than one of the Facebook pages noted above, will count as (1) entry for the Prize draw. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void all of that participant’s subsequent entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of participant and voiding of all of participant’s entries. In the event of a dispute as to any Facebook account or email address, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at Facebook.com or for such email address will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
DETERMINING WINNERS AND ODDS OF WINNING
6. At the end of the Contest Period, three (3) winners will be chosen through random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each entry will receive an assigned number and each winner will be selected through a random number generator online tool. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
7. Once an entrant has been selected for a Prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by email during the week of May 6, 2019. If a Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within three (3) business days of such email, or declines the Prize, then the Sponsor may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, select an alternate entrant for the Prize by randomly drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. This process will be repeated until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and all Prizes have been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. Any incorrect contact information that prevents the Sponsor from being able to reach a Selected Entrant will cause the Prize to be forfeited by that Selected Entrant and Sponsor will then attempt to contact an alternate entrant. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations. If a Selected Entrant is determined by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these Rules and Regulations, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified from this Contest and all related entries shall be deemed null and void. For clarity, if a Selected Entrant has already won a Prize in this Contest, that Selected Entrant will not be eligible to win another Prize in this Contest
9. The Prizes will either be mailed by regular mail by way of FedEx to the winner.
10. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must: complete, sign and return a declaration and release form, including a publicity release, within the time specified on such form. In the event that the Selected Entrant fails to return the completed declaration and release form within the time specified, or otherwise is not in compliance with these Rules and Regulations, then that Selected Entrant will be disqualified (and will forfeit the Prize).
11. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw or terminate this Contest and/or modify or amend these Rules and Regulations at any time and for any reason without prior notice, subject to applicable law.
12. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to (a) abide by these Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which shall be final and binding, (b) release and hold harmless each of Facebook, Inc., the Sponsor and its affiliates of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU or JACK’s PETS), and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages or causes of action, including but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, damage to or loss of property, or other liability that may arise from the entrant’s participation in this Contest or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, and (c) waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, legal fees or damages.
13. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (c) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Contest submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; or (d) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. The winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to the Prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. No more than the stated number of three (3) Prizes will be awarded.
14. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other entrant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
15. By accepting the Prize, the winner grants to Sponsor (and its licensees and partners) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future, and otherwise use the winner’s name, likeness, provided by the entrant, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised (including, but not limited to, Companion Magazine, the Company’s websites and social media accounts), without territorial restriction (except where prohibited by law), for possible editorial, publicity, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). All entries, will become the property of Sponsor, and may be used by Sponsor for commercial purposes without payment of any kind to the participating entrants. Each entrant agrees to irrevocably and unconditionally transfer and assign to Sponsor all rights to all information submitted during the Promotion, and agrees to execute and deliver such documents, certificates, assignments and other writings, and take such other actions as may be necessary or desirable to vest in Sponsor the ownership rights granted to Sponsor hereunder.
16. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Rules and Regulations, or the rights and obligations of the Prize winner and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Pennsylvania and the laws of the United States applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles. This Contest is subject to all Federal, State, and Municipal laws.
18. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Pet Valu Inc., 489 Devon Park Drive, Wayne, Pennsylvania, 19087.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook.