RULES AND REGULATIONS
CHRISTMAS WISHLIST CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their Province of residence, as of 9:00:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on November 24, 2016 (excluding residents of Quebec and the Territories). You must have internet access valid email address to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees and franchisees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, PAULMAC’S PETS, BOSLEY’S by PET VALU, TOTAL PET or TISOL PET NUTRITION & SUPPLY Stores) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such franchisees, employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest begins at or about 9:00:00 a.m. EST on November 24, 2016 and ends at or about 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 14, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media (the “Administrator”) is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
There is one (1) prize available to be won, consisting of the entrant’s chosen Wishlist, comprising a total of nine (9) items to be selected from the pool of available Wishlist items.
Upon entry, all entrants will be asked to select nine (9) items from the gift options for pets (options are available that are suitable for dogs, cats, small pets including fish, birds, small mammals, and reptiles) listed on the contest site located at petva.lu/petwishlist (“Contest Page”) in order to create a Wishlist. The confirmed winner will receive the nine (9) items selected by the winner for his/her Wishlist. The actual retail value of the Wishlist prize will depend on the winning entrant’s selection, and so the approximate retail value of the Wishlist prize will be no less than $39.00 and no more than $270.00.
The prize shall be referred to hereafter as the “Prize”.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash.
- No cash value
• No refunds or exchanges
Colour or packaging may differ between what is seen in the gallery and what the winner receives.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Visit the Contest Page located at petva.lu/petwishlist during the Contest Period. To enter the Contest you must complete all required fields on the Contest Page and select nine (9) items in order to create your Wishlist for your pet(s) from the gift options listed. To be eligible to enter the draw, you entry must be received before the Contest Period expires.
The required fields on the registration form online include: your full name, province of residence, email address, phone number, pet-type and pet’s name. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person throughout the Contest Period – but you can earn additional entries by referring friend (see below for details). Any attempt by any participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per person by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries. Each fully completed entry together with the nine (9) item Wishlist will be an “entry” for purposes of the Contest, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations will be accepted and eligible for entry into the Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void. Each entrants will have the option to share their submission on social media. Entrants’ Wishlist items will be compiled into a photo that will be posted to the online gallery located at: petva.lu/petwishlist.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. At the end of the Contest Period, one (1) winner will be chosen through random selection by the contest application. Odds of winning the Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Once an entrant has been selected for the Prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by email during the period December 15, 2016 to December 19, 2016. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within two (2) business days after being contacted, or declines the Prize, then an alternate entrant from the pool of eligible entries will be randomly selected as the Selected Entrant. This process will be repeated until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. Any incorrect contact information that prevents the Sponsor from being able to reach a potential winner may cause the Prize to be forfeited and Sponsor will then attempt to contact an alternate entrant. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, and must otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations. If a Selected Entrant is determined by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these Rules and Regulations, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified from this Contest and all related entries shall be deemed null and void. The winner will be announced on Facebook on December 23, 2016, or you can enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org after that date.
The Prize will be sent to the confirmed winner by way of Canada Post or Courier. Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to have the Prize delivered prior to December 25, 2016, but we cannot guarantee that timing.
- In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must sign a declaration of compliance with these Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release) releasing Facebook, each of the Sponsor and its affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with this Contest, the Selected Entrant’s participation therein, and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, return any required documents (including the release) within the time period specified, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, and otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree as follows:
(a) to comply, fully and unconditionally, with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest;
(b) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Facebook, each of the Released Parties from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize); and
(c) to indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of the Prize.
(a) Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (iii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iv) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; (vi) any inability of any winner to accept the Prize for any reason; or (vii) any claim or loss attributable to the Prize awarded in this Contest.
(b) Should there be a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the email account which is used at the time of entry, and the Selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email account. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible.
(c) The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: petva.lu/petwishlist. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
(d) The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winner, or the distribution of the Prize.
(e) Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, shall be governed exclusively by Ontario law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Toronto, Ontario.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prize, please contact us at email@example.com
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Pet Valu Canada Inc., 130 Royal Crest Court, Markham, Ontario, L3R 0A1.