RULES AND REGULATIONS
CHRISTMAS WISHLIST CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their Province of residence, as of 3:30:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on December 1, 2015 (excluding residents of Quebec and the Territories). You must have internet access and a valid Facebook account to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees and franchisees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, PAULMAC’S, BOSLEY’S by PET VALU, JACK’S PETS or TISOL PET NUTRITION & SUPPLY Stores) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such franchisees, employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest begins at or about 3:30:00 p.m. EST on December 1, 2015 and ends at or about 11:59:59 p.m. EST on December 15, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media (the “Administrator”) is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
There are three (3) separate prizes available to be won, one for each pet-type: being dogs, cats and small pets as follows:
1. Dog wishlist:
Those who enter to win the dog-related prize will, upon entry, be asked to select nine (9) items from the gift options for dogs listed on the applicable tabbed page on Facebook (“Contest Page”) in order to create a Dog Wishlist. The confirmed winner will receive the nine (9) items selected by the winner for his/her Wishlist. The approximate retail value of the Dog Wishlist prize is $100 (actual value may vary depending on the winning entrant’s selections).
2. Cat Wishlist:
Those who enter to win the cat-related prize will, upon entry, be asked to select nine (9) items from the gift options for cats listed on the Contest Page in order to create a Cat Wishlist. The confirmed winner will receive the nine (9) items selected by the winner for his/her Wishlist. The approximate retail value of the Cat Wishlist prize is $50 (actual value may vary depending on the winning entrant’s selections).
3. Small Pet Wishlist:
Those who enter to win the small pet related prize will, upon entry, be asked to select nine (9) items from the gift options for small pets listed on the Contest Page in order to create a Small Pet Wishlist. The confirmed winner will receive the nine (9) items selected by the winner for his/her Wishlist. The approximate retail value of the Small Pet Wishlist prize is $90 (actual value may vary depending on the winning entrant’s selections).
Each prize shall be referred to hereafter as a “Prize” and, collectively, as the “Prizes”.
Limit of one (1) entry per pet-type (that is, one (1) entry per draw) but you can earn up to three (3) more entries by using the refer a friend function (see below).
For all prizes: Each Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash.
- No cash value
- No refunds or exchanges
Sponsor reserves the right, however, in its sole discretion, to substitute all or any part of a Prize for one of equal or greater value, or its monetary equivalent
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Visit the Contest Page located at www.facebook.com/petvalu during the Contest Period. To enter the Contest you must complete all required fields on the Contest Page and select nine (9) items in order to create your Wishlist for your pet from the gift options listed for your chosen pet’s type (dog, cat or small pet). To be eligible to enter the draw, you entry must be received before the Contest Period expires.
The required fields on the registration form online include: your full name, province of residence, email address, phone number, pet-type and pet’s name. Entrants can only enter to win once in each of the Prizes categories and there is a limit of one (1) entry per pet-type wishlist throughout the Contest Period – but you can earn up to three (3) more entries by referring a friend (see below for details). Any attempt by any participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per pet-type wishlist by using multiple/different email addresses, Facebook accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries. Each fully completed entry together with the nine (9) item Wishlist will be an “entry” for purposes of the Contest, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations will be accepted and eligible for entry into the Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void. Entrants will be prompted to share their submissions by posting to Facebook. Entrants’ Wishlist items will be compiled into a photo that will be posted to the online gallery located at: [https://a.pgtb.me/Xvj96p].
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. At the end of the Contest Period, entries will be sorted by pet-type (dog, cat, small pet). One (1) winner will be chosen through random selection for each pet-type. Each entry will receive an assigned number and the winner will be selected through a random number generator online tool. Odds of winning the Prize for the draw in which you are entered depends on the total number of eligible entries received for that same draw (i.e. for the same pet-type) during the Contest Period.
2. Once an entrant has been selected for a Prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by email during the period December 16, 2015 to December 18, 2015. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within two (2) days after being contacted, or declines the Prize, then an alternate entrant from the pool of eligible entries for that pet-type will be randomly selected as the Selected Entrant. This process will be repeated until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. Any incorrect contact information that prevents the Sponsor from being able to reach a potential winner may cause such Prize to be forfeited and Sponsor will then attempt to contact an alternate entrant. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, and must otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations. If a Selected Entrant is determined by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these Rules and Regulations, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified from this Contest and all related entries shall be deemed null and void. The winners will be announced on Facebook on December 24, 2015.
3. Each Prize will be sent to the confirmed winners by way of Purolator Courier. Sponsor will make reasonable efforts to have the Prize delivered prior to December 25, 2015, but is not able to guarantee that it will.
4. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must sign a declaration of compliance with these Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release) releasing Facebook, each of the Sponsor and its affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with this Contest, the Selected Entrant’s participation therein, and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, return any required documents (including the release) within the time period specified, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, and otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations.
5. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree as follows:
(a) to comply, fully and unconditionally, with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest;
(b) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Facebook, each of the Released Parties from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize); and
(c) to indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize.
(a) Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (iii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iv) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; (vi) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason; or (vii) any claim or loss attributable to a Prize awarded in this Contest.
(b) Should there be a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account which is used at the time of entry, and the Selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Facebook account. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible.
(c) The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: Facebook.com/petvalu. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
(d) The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
(e) Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prizes, shall be governed exclusively by Ontario law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Toronto, Ontario.
9. For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prize, please contact us at email@example.com
10. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Pet Valu Canada Inc., 130 Royal Crest Court, Markham, Ontario, L3R 0A1.