OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
PET VALU’s #APPRECIATEITALL CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
- This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec, Nunavut, Yukon, Northwest Territories) who have reached the age of majority in their Province of residence, as of 9:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 1, 2019. You must have internet access and a valid email address to enter this Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and by the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. This Contest is sponsored by Pet Valu Canada Inc., operating as “Pet Valu”, “Paulmac’s Pets”, “Bosley’s by Pet Valu”, “Tisol Pet Nutrition & Supply Stores” and “Total Pet” (the “Sponsor” or the “Company”).
- This Contest is not open to employees and agents of the Company and/or its affiliate(s), employees and agents or anyone domiciled with such person. This Contest is also not open to any franchisee of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, PAULMAC’S PETS or BOSLEY’S BY PET VALU franchisees), or their employees or agents, or anyone domiciled with such person. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of identity and/or residency prior to being declared a winner.
- The #AppreciateItAll contest period starts at 9:00:01 a.m. ET on April 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on April 30, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of the Administrator (described below) is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
4. There are three (3) prizes available to be won. Each prize consists of: One (1) $100 gift card* for the winner, and two (2) $500 gift cards* (for a total of $1,000) which will be donated by the Sponsor to a pet charity, shelter or rescue organization chosen by the winner from a list of those receiving donations from a local store in the April 2019 Pet Appreciation Month program, and such list will be provided by the Sponsor to the winners once the winners have been selected.
* Gift cards are only redeemable in Canada at any Pet Valu store, Bosley’s by Pet Valu store, Paulmac’s Pet’s store, Tisol Pet Nutrition & Supply Stores, or Total Pet store and do not expire.
Each prize shall be referred to hereafter as the “Prize”, and collectively, the “Prizes”.
A winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules in order to claim a Prize. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any Prize permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize component with cash or another prize of equal or greater value. The Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied offered by Sponsor. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The winners will be announced on Facebook on or before May 24, 2019.
HOW TO ENTER
5. No purchase necessary. Visit any one of Facebook.com/petvalu, Facebook.com/bosleysbypetvalu, Facebook.com/paulmacs, Facebook.com/tisolpets, or Facebook.com/totalpetbc during the Contest Period. Look for the #AppreciateItAll tab. To enter the Contest you must fill out the required information and submit a short paragraph on what you appreciate most about your pet(s). Your paragraph must be less than 200 characters. You have the option of including a photo of your pet with your entry. To be eligible to enter, your entry must be received during the Contest Period.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per entrant during the Contest Period. Multiple entries, including entries submitted by one entrant through more than one of the Facebook pages noted above, will count as (1) entry for the Prize draw. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void all of that entrant’s subsequent entries. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of entrant and voiding of all of entrant’s entries. In the event of a dispute as to any Facebook account or email address, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register at Facebook.com or for such email address will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entrants will receive a one-time email with a digital link and image of their framed entry photo.
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
6. While photo submission (together with the paragraph, “Submission”) is optional, if an entrant chooses to submit a photo of his/her pet or pets the following applies:
All Submissions must comply with the Submission Guidelines below set forth. Any Submission that does not comply with these guidelines will not be eligible to win a Prize in the Contest and the submitting entrant may be disqualified from the Contest at the discretion of Sponsor. No notice or opportunity to correct a Submission will be given. All decisions about the eligibility of any particular Submission will be made at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and are final and binding in all respects.
The Submission must:
· Be in a format acceptable to Facebook;
· Be no more than 5MB in file size; and
· Be in English.
The Submission must not:
· Contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
· Disparage Sponsor or any person or party affiliated with the Contest and administration of this Contest;
· Feature (other than incidental use) brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor;
· Contain text or imagery that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
· Contain text or imagery that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
· Contain the image of any minor without the explicit permission of his/her legal guardian;
· Depict obvious or suspected cruelty to animals; or
· Contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where submission is created.
If an individual other than you is depicted in the photo with your pet(s) you must have the permission of that individual or, if the individual is a minor, the permission of the parent or legal guardian of the individual, to include the photo with your entry. You must, upon request of the Sponsor, provide the Sponsor with evidence of any required permissions in a form acceptable to and within the time required by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor reserves the right to use information submitted on entry forms to notify authorities of suspected animal abuse.
For the Submissions, you must at the time of entry into the Contest: (i) be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright and moral right) in and to your entry, including any photo; and (ii) if your entry or photo contains any trade-marks, copyrighted material or other property owned by a third party, have the express permission of the third party to use such material in accordance with these Official Rules.
DETERMINING WINNERS AND ODDS OF WINNING
- At the end of the Contest Period, three (3) winners will be chosen through random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Each entry will receive an assigned number and each winner will be selected through a random number generator online tool. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Once an entrant has been selected for a Prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by email during the week of May 6, 2019. If a Selected Entrant cannot be contacted, provides incorrect contact information, or does not respond within three (3) business days of such email, or declines the Prize, then the Sponsor may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, select an alternate entrant for the Prize by randomly drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. This process will be repeated until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and all Prizes have been awarded in accordance with these Official Rules or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. Any incorrect contact information that prevents the Sponsor from being able to reach a Selected Entrant will cause the Prize to be forfeited by that Selected Entrant and Sponsor will then attempt to contact an alternate entrant. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question (as described in the paragraph below), and must otherwise comply with these Official Rules. If a Selected Entrant is determined by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these Official Rules, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified from this Contest and all related entries shall be deemed null and void. For clarity, if a Selected Entrant has already won a Prize in this Contest, that Selected Entrant will not be eligible to win another Prize in this Contest.
- At the option of the Sponsor, the Prize will either be mailed by regular mail by way of Canada Post or sent by Purolator Courier to the winner.
- In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must: first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill testing question, and will also be required to complete, sign and return a declaration and release form, including a publicity release, within the time specified on such form. In the event that the Selected Entrant does not correctly answer the mathematical skill testing question in the manner prescribed, fails to return the completed declaration and release form within the time specified, or otherwise is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then that Selected Entrant will be disqualified (and will forfeit the Prize).
- The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw or terminate this Contest and/or modify or amend these Official Rules at any time and for any reason without prior notice, subject to applicable law. All Contest Submissions become the property of the Sponsor and none will be returned.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to (a) abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which shall be final and binding, (b) release and hold harmless each of Facebook, Inc., the Administrator, the Sponsor, its affiliates, and franchisees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, PAULMAC’S PETS or BOSLEY’S BY PET VALU), and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, damages or causes of action, including but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, damage to or loss of property, or other liability that may arise from the entrant’s participation in this Contest or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, and (c) waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, legal fees or damages.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (c) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Contest Submissions, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; or (d) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize or while traveling to or from any prize-related activity. The winner also further acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to the Prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. No more than the stated number of three (3) Prizes will be awarded.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other entrant’s Submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- By accepting a Prize, the winner grants to Sponsor (and its licensees and partners) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to edit, publish, promote, republish at any time in the future, and otherwise use the winner’s paragraph, pet photo, name, likeness, biographical information, Submission and any other information or materials provided by entrant, in any and all media now known or hereinafter devised (including, but not limited to, Companion Magazine, the Company’s websites and social media accounts), without territorial restriction (except where prohibited by law), for possible editorial, publicity, promotional or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice or compensation (except where prohibited by law). All Submissions, including Submission file and content, will become the property of Sponsor, and may be used by Sponsor for commercial purposes without payment of any kind to the participating entrants.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Prize winner and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles. This Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Pet Valu Canada Inc., 130 Royal Crest Court, Markham, Ontario, L3R 0A1.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, including Instagram. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook.