OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
PAULMAC’S PETS AND ROYAL CANIN
ACTIVITY TRACKER CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Ontario, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia who have reached the age of majority in their Province of residence, as of 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on September 1st, 2016. You must have internet access and a valid Facebook account to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees and franchisees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, PAULMAC’S PETS, BOSLEY’S by PET VALU, JACK’S PETS, TISOL PET NUTRITION & SUPPLY Stores or TOTAL PET Stores) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such franchisees, employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest begins at 9:00:01 a.m. EDT on September 1st, 2016 and ends at 4:59:59 p.m. EDT on September 30th, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
There are three (3) prizes available to be won, each consisting of one (1) FitBark Activity Tracker.
The approximate suggested retail price of each Prize is $129.99 (actual value may vary).
Each prize shall be referred to hereafter as a “Prize” and, collectively, as the “Prizes”.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash. No refunds or exchanges. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute all or any part of a Prize for one of equal or greater value at their sole discretion, or its monetary equivalent.
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. You have two (2) ways to enter this Contest. Those who purchase any ROYAL CANIN breed formulas from any participating PAULMAC’S PETS stores (subject to availability) will receive a Contest code printed on the back of a voucher that allows a quick entry into the contest; and those entrants without a Contest code will be asked to complete a short questionnaire online in order to enter the Contest. Visit www.facebook.com/paulmacs during the Contest Period and click on the tab entitled “Activity Tracker Contest”. With or without a Contest code, you will need to complete the online registration form by providing the requested information including your full name, breed of dog, and contact information.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period. Multiple entries will count as (1) entry for the Prize draw. Any attempt by any participant to enter more than the allowed number of times (being once) by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries.
DETERMINING THE WINNER AND THE ODDS OF WINNING
1. At the end of the Contest Period, three (3) winners will be chosen through random selection. Each entry will receive an assigned number and the winners will be selected through a random number generator online tool. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Once an entrant has been selected for the Prize, he/she (the “Selected Entrant”) will be contacted by e-mail during the week of October 10th, 2016. If the Selected Entrant cannot be contacted or does not respond within three business (3) days after being contacted, or declines the Prize, then an alternative entrant from the pool of eligible entries will be randomly selected as the Selected Entrant. This process will be repeated until a Selected Entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsors run out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. Any incorrect contact information that prevents the Sponsors from being able to reach a potential winner may cause the Prize to be forfeited and Sponsors will then attempt to contact an alternate entrant. In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, and must otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations. If a Selected Entrant is determined by the Sponsors, in the Sponsors’ sole discretion, to have failed to comply with these Rules and Regulations, the Selected Entrant will be disqualified from this Contest and all related entries shall be deemed null and void. The winners will be announced on Facebook on October 27th, 2016.
- At the option of the Sponsors, the Prizes will either be mailed by regular mail by way of Canada Post or sent by Purolator Courier to the winners.
- In order to be declared a winner, the Selected Entrant must: (a) sign a declaration of compliance with these Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release) releasing Facebook, the Sponsors and their affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability in connection with this Contest, the Selected Entrant’s participation therein, and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof, (b) return any required documents (including the release) within the time period specified, (c) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question, and (d) otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree as follows:
(a) to comply, fully and unconditionally, with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsors which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest;
(b) to release, indemnify and hold harmless Facebook, each of the Released Parties from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize); and
(c) to indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules or Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize.
(a) Neither the Sponsors nor their respective affiliates assume any responsibility or bear any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (iii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iv) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; (vi) any inability of any winner to accept the Prize for any reason; or (vii) any claim or loss attributable to a Prize awarded in this Contest.
(b) Should there be a dispute over the identity of a Selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account which is used at the time of entry, and the Selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Facebook account. In addition, anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible.
(c) The Sponsors reserve the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: Facebook.com/paulmacs. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsors and their affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
(d) The Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
(e) Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prizes, shall be governed exclusively by Ontario law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Toronto, Ontario.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsors and not to Facebook.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations, or the Prizes, please contact us at email@example.com
10. Sponsors: The Sponsors of the Contest are Pet Valu Canada Inc., 130 Royal Crest Court, Markham, Ontario, L3R 0A1 and Royal Canin Canada Company, 100 Beiber Road, RR3, Guelph, Ontario, N1H 6H9 (collectively, the