PAULMAC’S CASTING CALL PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Entrants must adhere to the following photo submission guidelines:
Only digital photo submissions will be accepted. No printed photos and/or black and white photos will be accepted. Photos must be submitted electronically as a high resolution image. The maximum file size is 5 MB. All photos must be in .jpg format. Photos must be in colour only, and must be appropriate for printing as an 8.5” x 10.5” inch horizontal print, as winning photos will be printed and featured in the 2017 PAULMAC’S PETS calendar.
Although not a requirement under these guidelines, ideally the photo should be at least 3,000 pixels wide (horizontal format).
Permitted digital modifications:
· Images may be cropped and rotated as necessary as long as the rectangular format is maintained and the size is within the specifications set out above
· Images may be resized as long as the aspect ratio is maintained
· Red-eye removal and spot editing
· Use of filters to sharpen, soften, blur, despeckle or remove noise
· Use of corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as levels, contrast, brightness, curves, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, lightness, value, colour balance and tint
· No borders or frames may be added to images
· No watermarks, signatures or copyright notices may be added to images
· Artistic filters are not permitted
Only original photos that have never previously been submitted for entry into a contest or awarded a prize in a previous contest are eligible to win a Prize.
All submissions will be filtered by Maximize Digital Media from July 4, 2016 to July 11, 2016 to ensure the photo submission guidelines are met. Photos that do not meet the guidelines set out above shall be disqualified and removed from the Contest. During this period entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency and submissions will also be screened by Maximize Digital Media for eligibility to ensure that entrants have reached the age of majority in their province of residence.
The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any photo that contains any content that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, is inappropriate or offensive, including any depiction of obvious or suspected cruelty to animals, or that was submitted by an ineligible entrant or is otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and Regulations. The Sponsor reserves the right to use information submitted on entry forms to notify authorities of suspected animal abuse.