OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
LAKELAND LIQUIDATION 2016 UGLY KITCHEN CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Polk County, Florida who have reached the age of 18 years old as of 9:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EST”) on June 1, 2016, and who own and occupy a residence. You must have internet access and a valid email address to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees of the LAKELAND LIQUIDATION or their agents and members of the immediate families of such employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. EST on June 1, 2016 and ends at 12:00:00 p.m. EST on August 1, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). Entries will not be accepted after 11:59:59 p.m. EST on June 30, 2016. Voting is open immediately following the submission of an entry to August 1, 2016 at 12:00:00 p.m. EST. The computer of Maximize Digital Media, an agent of the Sponsor, is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- Cabinetry of choice, as selected by winner, through Tru-Cabinetry (Limited to selections provided by Tru-Cabinetry)
- Level one (1) granite of choice, provider selected by Lakeland Liquidation (Limited to selections provided by granite provider)
- Stainless steel undermount sink through provider of choice selected by Lakeland Liquidation (Limited to selections provided by sink provider)
- Labor to tear out existing cabinetry & counter top and to install new cabinets and counter top
- In-home measurement, computer design & layout, consultation services, coordination of project and professional installation.
Prize has no cash value. Amount of prize awarded is up to $10,000. No cash back if redeemed valued is under $10,000. Any amounts over prize value are the responsibility of the prize winner and must be paid in full prior to the beginning of construction phase.
Contest winner has 6 months to redeem prize. Contest winner will meet with Scott Hodgson, owner of Lakeland Liquidation, for a personal consultation to begin the transformation from Ugly to Beautiful Kitchen.
Prize is limited to only kitchen cabinetry and granite counter top and excludes any electrical, plumbing, painting, tile, flooring, appliances, drywall work or any other construction related costs. Winner will get no prize beyond what is described above.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, go to www.LakelandLiquidation.com/UglyKitchen or http://uglykitchen.pgtb.me/m6ZSn9 during the Entry Period (June 1, 2016 – June 30, 2016), and complete all required fields on the online registration form, and submit a kitchen photo.
The kitchen need not belong to you, however, if the kitchen does not belong to you, you must have the permission of the kitchen’s homeowner to enter the photo into the Contest. If an individual other than you is pictured in the photo you must have the permission of the individual or, if the individual is a minor, the permission of the parent or legal guardian of the individual, to enter the photo in the Contest. You must, upon request of the Sponsor, provide the Sponsor with evidence of any required permissions in a form acceptable to and within the time required by the Sponsor. Only one (1) entry per kitchen is permitted. Duplicate entries will be disqualified at the administrator’s sole discretion. Photos submitted that do NOT exhibit a kitchen will be disqualified at the contest administrators sole discretion.
The required fields on the registration form include: your full name, kitchen owner’s name, email address, zip code, phone number, selected kitchen photo, and Why You Deserve a Kitchen Remodel, courtesy of Lakeland Liquidation. There is a limit of one (1) entry per email address throughout the Contest Period. Any attempt by any participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per email address by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s other entries. Entries must be received before the Contest Period expires on June 30, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST. Each fully completed entry together with the kitchen photo will be an “entry” for purposes of the Contest, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations will be accepted and eligible for entry into the Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void. Entrants will have the option to select whether or not they wish to receive news, updates, promotions by email or other electronic messaging from the Sponsor, Lakeland Liquidation, relating to products sold and services provided at Lakeland Liquidation.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
- Odds of winning the Prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and the number of eligible votes an entrant’s photo receives relative to other entrants.
- Photos will be moderated by Maximize Digital Media. Duplicate entries and entries deemed inappropriate at the sole discretion of the moderator and the sponsor will be disqualified. Users can vote once per 24 hour period. Any attempt by any participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per pet type per 24 hour period by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent votes. The winner will be notified by email and/or by telephone within ten (10) business days by Scott Hodgson, owner of Lakeland Liquidation. The winner will be announced no earlier than August 1, 2016 at approximately noon.
- In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must: (i) sign a declaration of compliance with the Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release); (ii) provide a release signed by each individual other than the entrant who is pictured in the selected photo, or if the individual is a minor, the individual’s parent or legal guardian; (iii) return any required documents (including any required releases and permissions); and (iv) otherwise comply with the Rules and Regulations. The winner will have two (2) business days within which to sign and return the required document or notification to Sponsor. If Sponsor does not receive the selected entrants required document or notification, Sponsor will send a reminder email or telephone call requesting the return of the required document or notification within one (1) business day. Sponsor will make no more than one (1) attempt to remind the selected entrants by email and/or by telephone. If any required document or notification is not received by the Sponsor within the specified time, or the entrant does not otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations, the entrant is disqualified and forfeits the prize and another entrant will be selected to win the prize in accordance with the Rules and Regulations. If the winner does not act in accordance with these Rules and Regulations, the entry that received the next highest number of votes will be selected as the winner.
- All decisions of the moderator and the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Winners will receive no compensation, credit or prize other than as disclosed in these Rules and Regulations.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY:By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsor and its affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, any Prizes (including the use and misuse of any Prizes). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize.
- Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iii) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (iv) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; or (v) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason.
- By entering a photo into the Contest: (i) you hereby grant to the Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, paid-up, worldwide license to reproduce, translate, communicate, distribute, edit, adapt, copy and otherwise use all or any part of the photo for any purpose relating to the Contest, or any other advertising or promotion by the Sponsor or its affiliates, and also any before, during, and after photos taken by Lakeland Liquidation before, during, and after construction; and (ii) you hereby waive your moral rights, if any, in and to your photo in favor of Sponsor, and you hereby agree to confirm such grant and waiver in writing at the request of the Sponsor. You hereby confirm your understanding that you shall not receive any compensation from the Sponsor in this regard.
- For all photos submitted into the Contest, entrants must at the time of entry into the Contest either: (i) be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright and moral rights) in and to the photo; or (ii) if the photo contains any trade-marks, copyrighted material or other property owned by a third party, have the express permission of the third party to use such material in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: www.facebook.com/LakelandLiquidation. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, state and/or city laws and regulations. Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or any other social media platform. By participating in this Contest, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
- Any dispute related to this Contest shall be governed by Florida law and the venue for any civil action shall be the courts in Polk County, Florida or, if in federal court, the Federal District Court located in Tampa, Florida.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prizes, please contact the Contest administrator at email@example.com.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor and Administrator of the Contest is Lakeland Liquidation, 2940 US Highway 92 East, Lakeland, FL 33801.