Get Fresh This Fall Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM THE PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS PROMOTION IS NOT SPONSORED BY, ENDORSED BY, ADMINISTERED BY OR OTHERWISE ASSOCIATED OR AFFILIATED WITH FACEBOOK.
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon), who have reached the age of majority in their Province of residence, as of 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on September 26, 2018. You must have internet access and a valid email address to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to agents, employees and franchisees of the Sponsors, including, without limitation, agents, employees and franchisees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, PAULMAC’S PETS, BOSLEY’S by PET VALU, TISOL PET NUTRITION & SUPPLY STORES or TOTAL PET), and members of the immediate families of, or persons domiciled with, such agents, employees or franchisees. For purposes of this Contest, “immediate families” are defined as spouses, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandparents, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside.
This Contest is sponsored by Pet Valu Canada Inc. (“Pet Valu Canada”), 130 Royal Crest Court, Markham, Ontario, L3R 0A1, and by PPN Limited Partnership (“Petcurean”), 435 – 44550 South Sumas Rd. Chilliwack, British Columbia, V2R 5M3 (collectively, the “Sponsors”). The Contest Administrator is Maximize Digital Media (the “Administrator”).
The Contest begins at 9:00 a.m. ET on September 26, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 31, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of the Administrator is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
There is one (1) prize available to be won (the “Prize”) consisting of:
- vouchers for a one-year supply of NOW FRESHTM food for one (1) dog or one (1) cat. The winner will choose the dog food or the cat food Prize which shall be as follows:
FOR DOG WINNER: A one (1) month’s supply of NOW FRESHTM dog food will be equivalent to one (1) 25lb bag and two (2) flats of wet food (12 cartons to a flat). Total dog food prize for one (1) year will be equivalent to twelve (12) 25lb bags and twenty-four (24) flats of wet food (144 cartons total). The maximum approximate value for the dog food prize is $2,541.00 CAD.
FOR CAT WINNER: A one (1) month’s supply of NOW FRESHTM cat food will be equivalent to one (1) 16lb bag (or two (2) 8lb bags if winner opts for the kitten recipe) and two (2) flats of wet food (24 cartons to a flat). Total cat food prize for one (1) year will be equivalent to twelve (12) 16 lb bags (or 24 bags of the kitten recipe) and twenty-four (24) flats of wet food (576 cartons total). The maximum approximate value for the cat food prize is $2,890.08 CAD.
The vouchers may be subject to other terms and conditions, as specified on the face or back of each voucher. Each voucher expires on December 31, 2019 and can only be redeemed in Canada at PET VALU stores (locations can be found at petvalu.com/store-locator); BOSLEY’S by PET VALU stores (locations can be found at bosleys.com/store-locator), PAULMAC’S PETS stores (locations can be found at paulmacs.com/store-locator), TOTAL PET stores (locations can be found at totalpet.ca/store-locator) or TISOL PET NUTRITION & SUPPLY STORES (locations can be found at tisol.ca/locations/).
- a twelve (12) week subscription to HelloFreshTM 4-person Pronto Box Plan (three (3) recipes per week, serving 4 people, ARV of $1,679.88 CAD total). Subscription is subject to applicable terms and conditions and must be redeemed, and all boxes ordered, by March 31, 2019.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, during the Contest Period, go to one of the entry portals operated by Pet Valu Canada located at facebook.com/petvalu, facebook.com/BosleysByPetValu, facebook.com/paulmacs, facebook.com/tisolpets, facebook.com/Totalpetbc. Follow the prompts to find the Contest application and complete all required fields on the online registration form.
The required fields on the Contest application include: your full name, province, email address, and pet’s name. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person throughout the Contest Period. Any attempt by any entrant to enter more often than is permitted by these Official Rules, including by using multiple/different Facebook accounts, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will result in disqualification of all of the entrant’s entries. Entries must be received during the Contest Period. Only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Official Rules will be accepted and eligible for entry into the draw for the Prize. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void.
As our thanks for entering the Contest, all entrants will receive by email a one-time “Thank You” coupon. The coupon shall be for $5 off a minimum $20 purchase of Petcurean pet products from September 26, 2018 to December 31, 2018, redeemable at any of the PET VALU group of stores located in Canada. The coupon cannot be combined with any other offer.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
The odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Pet Valu Canada will randomly select one (1) entry from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The draw will take place on or about the week of November 5, 2018. Pet Valu Canada will make reasonable attempts to contact selected entrants using the contact information provided on the Contest application.
In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must: (i) correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without aid or assistance; (ii) sign and return a declaration of compliance with the Official Rules and a release (including a liability and publicity release); (iii) otherwise comply with the Official Rules. Each selected entrant will have three (3) business days within which to sign and return the required documentation to Pet Valu Canada. If the selected entrant fails to correctly answer the skill testing question, cannot be contacted, does not provide the required documentation within the time specified, or declines the Prize, the Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify that entrant and select a new potential winner from among remaining eligible entries. This process will be repeated until a selected entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Official Rules or the Sponsors run out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first.
ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of Facebook, Inc., HelloFreshTM, the Sponsors, the Administrator and each of their affiliates, franchisees and related third-parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Official Rules. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize.
- Neither the Sponsors nor their affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iii) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (iv) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; or (v) any inability of any winner to accept the Prize for any reason.
- The Sponsors reserve the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Official Rules at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws. Changes to these Official Rules will be posted online at: [MAXIMIZE TO PROVIDE]. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsors and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any other entrant’s submission or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- The Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Official Rules, the selection and announcement of the winner, or the distribution of the Prize.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Prize winner and the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to conflicts of law principles. This Contest is subject to all Federal, Provincial, and Municipal laws having jurisdiction.
- No cash substitutions will be provided and no transfer of any Prize to a third-party is permitted. Submissions of entries will be accepted at Sponsors’ and/or Administrator’s sole discretion. All trademarks and logos used in conjunction with this Contest are the intellectual property of their respective owners and are used by permission.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Information is being provided to Sponsors, not Facebook.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Official Rules or the Prize, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.