OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
PET VALU’S #ForeverSummer Instagram Challenge
This contest (“Contest”) is open to legal residents of the United States in the following states only: Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia and Indiana who have reached the age of majority in their State of residence, as of 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on August 1, 2016. You must have internet access and a valid Facebook account to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees of the PET VALU group (being PET VALU, JACK’S PETS, PAULMAC’S, BOSLEY’S BY PET VALU, PET SUPERMARKET, TISOL, or TOTAL PET) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest begins at or about 9:00:00 a.m. EDT on August 1, 2016 and ends at or about 4:59:59 p.m. EDT on August 26, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media (the “Administrator”), an agent of the Sponsors, is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
Each of the FOUR weekly themes contains its own set of timing periods.
The FIRST weekly theme period begins at or about 11:59:59 a.m. EDT on August, 1, 2016 and ends at or about 4:59:59 p.m. EDT on August 5, 2016.
The SECOND weekly theme period begins at or about 11:59:59 a.m. EDT on August 8, 2016 and ends at or about 4:59:59 p.m. EDT on August 12, 2016.
The THIRD weekly theme period begins at or about 11:59:59 a.m. EDT on August 15, 2016 and ends at or about 4:59:59 p.m. EDT on August 19, 2016.
The FOURTH weekly theme period begins at or about 11:59:59 a.m. EDT on August 22, 2016 and ends at or about 4:59:59 p.m. EDT on August 26, 2016.
One (1) Pet Valu gift card of $50 per winner. One (1) winner per weekly theme period. Gift card does not expire and can only be redeemed at PET VALU and JACKS’s PETS store locations in the U.S. The total value of the Prize, in U.S. dollars, is $50.00.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and is not redeemable for cash.
- No cash value
• No refunds or exchanges
HOW TO ENTER
No purchase necessary. Visit www.instagram.com/PetValu_US during the Contest Period. Look for the #ForeverSummer Instagram Challenge Weekly Theme Guide and “Follow” the PET VALU – US account if you have not already done so. Make sure to follow the required steps and use required hashtags to be eligible to enter. Required hashtags include “#ForeverSummer” and “#PetValuUS” . By submitting a photo using required hashtags, you give PET VALU- US the permission to repost and share the submitted photo if selected as Weekly Theme Period winner.
The pet need not belong to you, however, if the pet does not belong to you, you must have the permission of the pet’s owner to enter the photo into the Contest. If an individual other than you is pictured in the photo you must have the permission of the individual or, if the individual is a minor, the permission of the parent or legal guardian of the individual, to enter the photo in the Contest. You must, upon request of the Sponsors, provide the Sponsors with evidence of any required permissions in a form acceptable to and within the time required by the Sponsors.
There is no limit to entry per person throughout the Contest Periods. Entries must be received before the Contest Period expires. Each photo compliant with required hashtags and “follows” will be an “entry” for purposes of the Contest, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations will be accepted and eligible for entry into the Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void. Entrants will be prompted to share their submissions by posting to Instagram. Entrants’ photos will be posted to the online gallery located on the website page at www.us.petvalu.com/summer.
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Entrants must adhere to the following photo submission guidelines:
Only digital photo submissions will be accepted. Photos will be displayed on PET VALU – US’s website. Winning entries will also be reposted to PET VALU-US’s Instagram page.
Only original photos that have never previously been submitted for entry into a contest or awarded a prize in a previous contest are eligible to win a Prize.
In accordance with the theme of the contest, entries must feature a pet or pets participating in an activity, or otherwise associated with the current weekly theme.
The Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to remove and to disqualify any photo that contains any content that is, in the sole discretion of the Sponsors, inappropriate or offensive, including any depiction of obvious or suspected cruelty to animals, or that was submitted by an ineligible entrant or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and Regulations. The Sponsors reserve the right to use information submitted on entry forms to notify authorities of suspected animal abuse.
All submissions shall be filtered by the Administrator on the FRIDAY of that Weekly Theme Period (August 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th, 2016) from 5:00:00 p.m. to 6:00:00 p.m. to ensure the photo submission guidelines are met. Photos that do not meet the guidelines set out above shall be disqualified and removed from the Contest. During this period entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency and submissions shall also be screened by the Administrator for eligibility to ensure that entrants have reached the age of majority in their province of residence.
For all photos submitted into the Contest, you must at the time of entry into the Contest either: (i) be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright and moral right) in and to the photo; and/or (ii) if the photo contains any trade-marks, copyrighted material or other property owned by a third party, have the express permission of the third party to use such material in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. The odds of being selected as the winner depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period, and your score relative to other entrants.
2. One (1) winning photo will be chosen by a panel of judges made up of representatives from the Sponsors (as defined below). Photos will be assessed based on the following judging criteria: seasonal appropriateness, composition, content, originality, technical quality and visual impact. Winners will be contacted via Instagram message or comment after the Weekly Theme Period has ended. The winner will be announced on Instagram on the Saturday following the end of the Weekly Theme Period (August 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, 2016).
3. The Prize will be sent by courier to the winner.
4. All decisions of the judges and the Sponsors are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. The winner will receive no compensation, credit or prize other than as disclosed in these Rules and Regulations.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsors which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsors, their affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, the Prize (including the use and misuse of the Prize). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of the Prize.
- Neither the Sponsors nor their affiliates assume any responsibility or bear any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) the awarding, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss or misdirection of the Prize; (iii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iv) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (v) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; (vi) any inability of any winner to accept the Prize for any reason; or (vii) any claim or loss attributable to the Prize awarded in this Contest.
- By entering a photo into the Contest: (i) you hereby grant to the Sponsors an irrevocable, non-exclusive, paid-up, worldwide license to reproduce, translate, communicate, distribute, edit, adapt, copy and otherwise use all or any part of the photo for any purpose relating to the Contest or any other advertising or promotion by the Sponsors or their affiliates; and (ii) you hereby waive your moral rights, if any, in and to your photo in favor of Sponsors and will confirm such waiver in writing if requested to do so. You hereby agree that you shall not receive any compensation from the Sponsors.
- Should there be a dispute over the identity of a selected Entrant, an online entry will be declared as entered by the authorized account holder of the Facebook account which is used at the time of entry, and the selected Entrant may be required to provide identification to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such Facebook account.
- The Sponsors reserve the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: us.petvalu.com/summer. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsors and their affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. The Prize is not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- The Sponsors are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winner, or the distribution of the Prize.
- Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prize, shall be governed exclusively by Philadelphia law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsors and not to Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for purposes of administering this Contest and in accordance with the Sponsors’ privacy policies noted above.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prize, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsors: The Sponsors of the Contest are Pet Valu, Inc., 489 Devon Park Drive, Suite 320, Wayne, PA 19087 .