OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
PET VALU- US 2017 CALENDAR CASTING CALL CONTEST
This contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, New York, Rhode Island, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana and Ohio, who have reached the age of maturity as of 9:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on May 20, 2016. You must have internet access and a valid email address and Facebook account to enter this Contest. Entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency prior to being declared a winner. This Contest is not open to employees of the PET VALU family of stores (PET VALU, JACK’s PETS, TISOL, TOTAL PET, BOSLEY’S BY PET VALU, PAUL MAC’S) or their agents and members of the immediate families of such employees or agents and any person with whom such person is domiciled. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
The Contest begins at or about 9:00 a.m. EDT on May 20, 2016 and ends at or about 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 15, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). The computer of Maximize Digital Media, an agent of the Sponsor, is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
Thirteen (13) pet photos will be selected to be featured in the 2017 PET VALU- US calendar. Twelve (12) pet photos will be featured as one of the “Pets of the Month” and one (1) pet photo will be selected to be featured on the front cover of the 2017 PET VALU- US calendar (each, a “Prize”, and collectively, the “Prizes”). Winners will get no prize beyond what is described above. Prizes have no retail value.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, go to www.facebook.com/PetValuUS during the Entry Period (May 20 – June 30, 2016), and complete all required fields on the online registration form, and submit a pet photo.
The pet need not belong to you, however, if the pet does not belong to you, you must have the permission of the pet’s owner to enter the photo into the Contest. If an individual other than you is pictured in the photo you must have the permission of the individual or, if the individual is a minor, the permission of the parent or legal guardian of the individual, to enter the photo in the Contest. You must, upon request of the Sponsor, provide the Sponsor with evidence of any required permissions in a form acceptable to and within the time required by the Sponsor.
The required fields on the registration form include: your full name, address, state, zip code, email address, phone number, pet type and pet’s name. There is a limit of one (1) entry per pet throughout the Contest Period. Any attempt by any participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per pet by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent entries. Entries must be received before the Contest Period expires. Each fully completed entry together with the pet photo will be an “entry” for purposes of the Contest, and only fully completed entries that otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations will be accepted and eligible for entry into the Contest. Entries generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, incomplete, or inaccurate are void. Entrants will have the option to select whether or not they wish to receive PET VALU- US news, updates, promotions by email or other electronic messaging from the Sponsor relating to pet ownership, products sold and services provided at PET VALU- US stores.
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Entrants must adhere to the following photo submission guidelines:Only digital photo submissions will be accepted. No printed photos and/or black and white photos will be accepted. Photos must be submitted electronically as a high resolution image. The minimum size allowed is 1 MB. All photos must be in .jpg format. Photos must be in color only, and should be appropriate for printing as an 8.5” x 10.5” inch horizontal print, as winning photos will be printed and featured in the 2017 PET VALU- US calendar.
Although not a requirement under these guidelines, ideally the photo should be at least 3,000 pixels wide (horizontal format).
Permitted digital modifications:
· Images may be cropped and rotated as necessary as long as the rectangular format is maintained and the size is within the specifications set out above
· Images may be resized as long as the aspect ratio is maintained
· Red-eye removal and spot editing
· Use of filters to sharpen, soften, blur, despeckle or remove noise
· Use of corrective functions to improve the natural appearance of the image, such as levels, contrast, brightness, curves, intensity, tone, hue, saturation, lightness, value, colour balance and tint
· No borders or frames may be added to images
· No watermarks, signatures or copyright notices may be added to images
· Artistic filters are not permitted
Only original photos that have never previously been submitted for entry into a contest or awarded a prize in a previous contest are eligible to win a Prize.
All submissions shall be filtered by Maximize Digital Media from July 1st, 2016 to July 7th, 2016 to ensure the photo submission guidelines are met. Photos that do not meet the guidelines set out above shall be disqualified and removed from the Contest. During this period entrants may be asked to provide proof of residency and submissions shall also be screened by Maximize Digital Media for eligibility to ensure that entrants have reached the age of majority in their province of residence.
The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any photo that contains any content that is, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, inappropriate or offensive, including any depiction of obvious or suspected cruelty to animals, or that was submitted by an ineligible entrant or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules and Regulations. The Sponsor reserves the right to use information submitted on entry forms to notify authorities of suspected animal abuse.
WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS OF WINNING
1. Odds of winning one (1) of the thirteen (13) Prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period, an entrant’s location and entrant’s score relative to other entrants. Odds of winning the front cover feature Prize depend on the entrant’s score relative to other Pet of the Month Prize winners.
2. Twelve (12) Pets of the Month, as well as the front cover winner, will be chosen by a panel of judges at the office of the Sponsor at 489 Devon Park Drive, Suite 320, Wayne, PA 19087. Photos will be assessed based on the following judging criteria: pet diversity, regional representation, seasonal appropriateness, composition, content, originality, technical quality and visual impact. Pet Valu judges will choose a Top 50 based on the judging criteria. That top 50 will be loaded on to Facebook for customers to vote. The 13 photos with the most votes will be the 13 photos featured in the 2017 PET VALU- US Calendar. VOTING WILL TAKE PLACE FROM JULY 8th to JULY 15th. . Users can vote once per pet type per 24 hour period. Any attempt by any participant to enter more often than the allowed one (1) entry per pet type per 24 hour period by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will disqualify that participant’s subsequent votes. All Pets of the Month winners, as well as the front cover winner, will be notified by email and/or by telephone on July 19, 2016 and the winners will be announced no earlier than July 27, 2016 at approximately noon.
3. In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must: (i) sign a declaration of compliance with the Rules and Regulations and a release (including a publicity release); (ii) provide a release signed by each individual other than the entrant who is pictured in the selected photo, or if the individual is a minor, the individual’s parent or legal guardian; (iii) return any required documents (including any required releases and permissions); and (iv) otherwise comply with the Rules and Regulations. Each selected entrant will have two (2) business days within which to sign and return the required document or notification to Sponsor. If Sponsor does not receive the selected entrants required document or notification, Sponsor will send a reminder email or telephone call requesting the return of the required document or notification within one (1) business day. Sponsor will make no more than one (1) attempt to remind the selected entrants by email and/or by telephone. This process will be repeated until a selected entrant has been contacted and the Prize has been awarded in accordance with these Rules and Regulations or the Sponsor runs out of eligible entries, whichever occurs first. If any required document or notification is not received by the Sponsor within the specified time, or the entrant does not otherwise comply with these Rules and Regulations, the entrant is disqualified and forfeits the prize and another entrant will be selected to win the prize in accordance with the Rules and Regulations.
- All decisions of the judges and the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Winners will receive no compensation, credit or prize other than as disclosed in these Rules and Regulations.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE AND INDEMNITY: By entering this Contest, you agree to (a) fully and unconditionally comply with and be bound by these Contest Rules and Regulations and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest and (b) release, indemnify and hold harmless each of the Sponsor and its affiliates, franchisees and related third parties, advertising and promotional agencies and each of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, claim or damage (including but not limited to personal injury, bodily injury, disability, death, copyright infringement, identity theft, privacy and defamation actions, misappropriation of likeness actions, property damage and loss or damage of any other kind) arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with this Contest or your participation in the Contest or in any contest-related activities, or any breach by you of your obligations, or any use, collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information, or, if declared a winner, any Prizes (including the use and misuse of any Prizes). You will indemnify and hold each of the Released Parties harmless in the event it is discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules and Regulations. This release and indemnity shall continue in force following the termination of the Contest and/or the awarding of any Prize.
- Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates assumes any responsibility or bears any liability whatsoever in any way for (i) any participation in this Contest; (ii) any entries that are delayed, stolen, misdirected, lost, destroyed or damaged; (iii) any failure or slowdown of programs or software supporting, connected to or related to this Contest; (iv) any problems or technical malfunctions of any kind, including without limitation computer systems, servers, equipment or software, however caused; or (v) any inability of any winner to accept a Prize for any reason.
- By entering a photo into the Contest: (i) you hereby grant to the Sponsor an irrevocable, non-exclusive, paid-up, worldwide license to reproduce, translate, communicate, distribute, edit, adapt, copy and otherwise use all or any part of the photo for any purpose relating to the Contest, the 2017 PET VALU- US calendars or any other advertising or promotion by the Sponsor or its affiliates; and (ii) you hereby waive your moral rights, if any, in and to your photo in favor of Sponsor, and you hereby agree to confirm such grant and waiver in writing at the request of the Sponsor. You hereby confirm your understanding that you shall not receive any compensation from the Sponsor in this regard.
- For all photos submitted into the Contest, entrants must at the time of entry into the Contest either: (i) be the sole owner of all right, title and interest (including copyright and moral rights) in and to the photo; or (ii) if the photo contains any trade-marks, copyrighted material or other property owned by a third party, have the express permission of the third party to use such material in accordance with these Rules and Regulations.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to modify, amend, withdraw, or terminate this Contest and to modify these Rules and Regulations at any time without prior notice, subject to applicable laws and, where pertinent, approval of local jurisdictions. Changes to these Rules and Regulations will be posted online at: www.facebook.com/PetValuUS. All Contest entries become the property of the Sponsor and its affiliates and none will be returned. This Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial or municipal laws and regulations. Prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules and Regulations, the selection and announcement of winners, or the distribution of the Prizes.
- Any claim or legal action arising or occurring with respect to the Contest, or the awarding, acceptance, use, or misuse of the Prizes, shall be governed exclusively by Philadelphia law, and shall be resolved exclusively in either the federal or provincial courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest. By participating in this Contest, you understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
- For questions regarding this Contest, these Rules and Regulations or the Prizes, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor and Administrator of the Contest is Pet Valu, Inc., 489 Devon Park Drive, Suite 320, Wayne, PA 19087.